September 20, 2009
Barack Hussein Obama, King Of The World!!
BHO is pressuring New York governor Patterson to abandon his run re-election. I guess it's not enough for our beloved big-shot-in-chief to run the auto industry, the banking industry, the insurance industry, and the health care industry. It's obvious BHO can multi-task. Maybe he should run for governor of New York, and California too while he still in campaign mode. He could appoint a "czar" for each state to help him govern while he continues his speech-making tour.
You can read the story here.
September 9, 2009
Obama - He Loves The Sound Of His Own Voice
I told someone before tonight’s speech by our country’s orator-in-chief, Barack Hussein Obama, that there would be nothing new, and I predicted that the speech would be little more than soaring, but empty, campaign rhetoric filled with distortions, half-truths, promises that could not be met, and even outright lies. As usual, I was correct on all counts.
Obama returned to the basic math that any fifth grader would know just doesn’t add up.
1) If there are $600 billion dollars in savings that can be found in Medicare, show us first.
2) If there are enough doctors, nurses, hospital beds, and other equipment to handle another 30 or 40 million people without creating long lines, poorer treatment, and ultimately rationing, show us first.
3) If health care costs are 1/6th (17% +/-) of the nation’s economy, how is a health care premium of 8% per worker going to begin to cover all the costs?
4) If this is such a good program, why is the Congress excluding itself from the program?
5) Why is there a refusal to address tort reform for medical malpractice when malpractice insurance is such a huge portion of current helath care costs?
6) Why should anyone believe that the government could run a program that is 1/6th of our economy when it can’t run the post office, Medicare, social security, or even a piddlely little program like cash-for-clunkers efficiently?
This was nothing more than the orator-in-chief talking because he loves the sound of his own voice; nothing more.
September 3, 2009
Your Life Is Your Own...Or Is It?
Ayn Rand writes that we "must remind the world that the basic premise of the Founding Fathers was man's right to his own life, to his own liberty, to the pursuit of his own happiness-which means: man's right to exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself; and that the political implementation of this right is a society where men deal with one another as traders, by voluntary exchange to mutual benefit."
On the other hand Obama and his gang of communist cronies would enslave us for the good of the collective, perpetuate class warfare with his tax the rich philosophy, and deliver our country into the worst type of third world economic disasters.
Capitalism did not, in and of itself, bring us to the verge of economic ruin. The government stuck its big nose where it did not belong by encouraging, some might say by forcing, mortgage companies to lend to people who had no chance of repaying their mortgages. Now, only a few short years later, we have banks foreclosing on those same individuals and now, because of government regulations, the banks are forced to price the foreclosed properties far below true value or replacement cost, destroying trillions of dollars of wealth in the process.
The government is not the solution, it is the problem.