Obama On Obamacare
The White House lawn (and Michelle's garden) is knee deep in fertilizer after the speech HRH Obama just gave touting the (Un)Affordable Care Act.
White House speech writer(s) jammed HRH Obama's speech with so many half-truths, distortions, omissions, obfuscations and outright lies in such a short speech they deserve hazardous duty pay.
The Obama administration is claiming 7.1 million people have signed up for the (Un)ACA. If they have that number, they must have the other numbers but unfortunately they are unwilling to share with us the cold, hard, unadulterated statistics. The administration needs to answer these questions honestly before they can be taken seriously.
Out of the 7.1 million people they are claiming have signed up:
1) How many people signed up for medicaid at little or no cost to them?
2) How many people were given a subsidy to purchase the (Un)ACA?
3) How many people have actually paid for their insurance?
4) How many healthy young adults, who the administration is relying upon to pay for the older unhealthy foks, have actually signed up and paid for the (Un)ACA?
And of course, since the entire health care system had to be overhauled to make sure that the plus or minus 40 million Americans who didn't have health insurance were insured, and considering that over 6 million policies were cancelled:
5) How many previously uninsured people now have insurance?
Posted by Rick | April 1, 2014 01:44 PM